Skip to main content

Another Winter in Portland

Well this winter I was able to get my job back at Club Sport.  Not only did I get the juice bar back, but they liked my work ethic so much they also put me on fitness floor staff, which was awesome! I loved it because I got to be out and around the members of the club and got to help those that needed help with equipment or whatever it is that they may have needed, oh and it payed more than the juice bar, so it was really nice having those two jobs!

This winter we did a lot of things, but some of those will be in different post so be looking for those, like our Hawaii Trip.  

I was kind of bummed because we only got to go to one blazer game, but it was still a lot of fun and Lindsey, Michael's sister got to come with us to and the best part it was free for us to go.


A month or so after being in Portland my sister actually came and visited me because she is going to school in Moses Lake to finish out her senior year.  It was fun getting to see her because I had not seen her for sense November.  It was cool being able to show her around and hangout with her before she had to go back. We also got to take her to voodoo doughnuts and of course she loved it!  It is one of those places that when you come to Portland you have to go to voodoo doughnuts.  


Now we move on to February.  The month that Aubree got married! I was so excited for the wedding. She had me as on of her bridesmaids, so I bought a plane ticket and flew down to Salt Lake to attend there wedding.  Her wedding was the first one I was able to attend in the Temple.  It was so beautiful and I was so excited to finally go inside the Salt Lake Temple.
Here are some pictures of her lovely day!


Me with the lovely Bride!

She of course was our hair dresser!

and I got to see Keng!

After the reception me and my family headed to the BYU vs Gonzaga game.  I had never been to a collage basketball game before.  Well one I could remember anyways, so it was such a cool experience. BYU has a really cool entrance.  Here is a video of what I was able to get of it.  I didn't get to record the part where the sheets drop form the ceiling, so just so you are aware that is where the sheets come form.  Over all it was a great game, but mostly because Gonzaga won!!



The next morning before my plane flew out we stopped in Salt Lake to eat at the Original Pancake House. which by the way is amazing!! my favorite thing there is there banana pancakes with coconut syrup!! ahh so good.


haha



So far this winter break has been a pretty good one! Look for more of our adventures we will be going on this winter break! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OUR LITTLE PUMPKIN IS DUE MAY 9, 2015

Yup you read that right we are having a baby, May 9, 2015!! I surprised Michael by sending him a picture of my pregnancy test. So when he woke up that was the first thing he saw. I did the same with my mom because I needed her guidance on what I needed to do. It was defiantly killing her to not be able to tell anyone the news, but I definitely appreciate all the advice I have gotten as well as another person to talk to about it. We were so excited when we found out, we just wanted to tell everyone right away, but we waited and learned patience. I would have been so heart broken to have to tell everyone if we had a miscarriage. When we found out I was pregnant, I was 5 weeks along, so for my first appointment they had to take a blood test.  For those of you who know me, know that I do not do well  with needles and veins in the same sentence. As you can imagine I did not do well.   I kept moving an...

Two Down and Eternity to Go

    This year we decided to do something simple for our anniversary  All I knew for this anniversary is that we were going to eat somewhere in downtown Salt Lake.   To my surprise I have the most brilliant husband ever because he took me to my most favorite restaurant ever!!    Cheesecake Factory!  Don't ask me why, but it is the best restaurant ever! I know you might be thinking.  "wow this girl is crazy",  but just trust me nothing can beat The Cheesecake Factory.   My favorite's there are:  Avocado eggrolls and sweetcorn tamale cakes for appetizers.   For the dinner plate their garlic noodles with shrimp and some parmesan on top.  Then of course for dessert I love love love there ultimate red velvet cheesecake and their Oreo one is pretty good as well. Anytime we go somewhere new and they have a cheesecake factory we have to go.   It is my goal to go to as many as I can in my li...

Huntsman's Firework Celebration

For the past 4 years John Huntsman has put on an amazing firework show for the 4th of July in Driggs, Idaho my home town. It always happens the Saturday before the 4th because  he is really good friends with the Melaleuca guy who puts on  the firework show in Idaho Falls, Idaho on the 4th. I have been fortunate enough to make it to all 4 shows and Michael has been to 3. Every year the firework show gets better and better. Being locals we have figured out that if you go early in the morning you can rope off  a section for you family.  Instead of waiting tell 4 o'clock and maybe not getting a good spot. So needless to say we got an awesome spot. After setting up we all had a family breakfast at my grandmas and then headed over to my cousins to find out where he is headed to for his mission. After he opened his mission call we headed to Huntsman Springs. we got there at 4 and they had a talent show going on. It...