Skip to main content

Kicking our summer off right.

Summer is officially here!

My favorite season has finally arrived.

There is no better way to celebrate the first weekend of summer then camping!

Michael and I love camping.


Their is just something about campfires, sleeping under the stars, and s'mores 
that get me excited to camp.

This weekend we camped in Provo canyon with some friends that are going to BYU.

Once we got camp all set up and the fire going this little guy decided to pay us a visit.


Not going to lie I thought it was a bear sneaking up on us at first.
I was scared out of my mind, but then he stuck his head up and I felt a lot better.

After making some yummy s'mores and relaxing by the fire we got in the cars and headed to squaw peak to  look at the beautiful lights from on top of the mountain.


You can see all of Utah Valley from up there.

Everyone knows that if you are looking to get a goodnights rest 
that camping is not what you want to be doing.

You literally wake up every hour or every two hours.

Not going to lie sleeping is one of my least favorite things about camping.
I get very scared and think bears are going to come and eat me.

So mornings come pretty slow for me because I am awake most the night.

Our morning started at 6:30

We all got up ate our yummy oatmeal for breakfast, cleaned up all of our stuff and headed off for a hike

Up above Sun Dance is a waterfall called Stewart Falls.

It is about a 4 mile hike round trip.

The Waterfall was so pretty and when yo got close enough you get hit by its wonderful mist.
Perfect for when you are burning from the hike in.








I love going on hikes with this stud! 
We talk about random things the whole time and I love it.

It took us about 2 hours to complete this hike, this includes our stopping at the waterfall time.

When we got home we relaxed and took care of our beautiful garden that is getting huge now!


 We've got cucumber, squash, zucchini, tomatoes and bush beans growing is or small garden.


 Our grocery shopping day is on saturday, so after taking a wonderful and much needed nap
we headed to the store.

All I can say is that our Smiths always has the best baked goods deals at the end of the week!
Doughnut holes for 99¢.... Yes please.


They were so delicious and of course we got them for our sunbeams in primary.
They were a huge hit and all of their little mouths were covered in pink powder.
It was so stinking cute.

BEAUTIFUL sunday afternoon for a walk to church.


Isn't she the cutest little sunbeam you have ever seen!


Coloring time is the best time during class.

Needless to say we had a pretty spectacular summer weekend
and I am looking forward to more amazing memories to come this summer.





Comments

  1. Hey! Just read your spotlight on the RS newsletter..thought I'd check out your blog! I agree, Remi is the cutest sunbeam ever! haha. She loves you guys and talks about you all the time! And she LOVED the pink donuts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am so glad Remi loves to come to Sunbeams! They did for sure love the pink doughnuts, they had cute little pink lips after eating them. Remi is stinking cute, she helps out a lot in class. Also I love all the out fits you put her in, so adorable.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

OUR LITTLE PUMPKIN IS DUE MAY 9, 2015

Yup you read that right we are having a baby, May 9, 2015!! I surprised Michael by sending him a picture of my pregnancy test. So when he woke up that was the first thing he saw. I did the same with my mom because I needed her guidance on what I needed to do. It was defiantly killing her to not be able to tell anyone the news, but I definitely appreciate all the advice I have gotten as well as another person to talk to about it. We were so excited when we found out, we just wanted to tell everyone right away, but we waited and learned patience. I would have been so heart broken to have to tell everyone if we had a miscarriage. When we found out I was pregnant, I was 5 weeks along, so for my first appointment they had to take a blood test.  For those of you who know me, know that I do not do well  with needles and veins in the same sentence. As you can imagine I did not do well.   I kept moving an...

Two Down and Eternity to Go

    This year we decided to do something simple for our anniversary  All I knew for this anniversary is that we were going to eat somewhere in downtown Salt Lake.   To my surprise I have the most brilliant husband ever because he took me to my most favorite restaurant ever!!    Cheesecake Factory!  Don't ask me why, but it is the best restaurant ever! I know you might be thinking.  "wow this girl is crazy",  but just trust me nothing can beat The Cheesecake Factory.   My favorite's there are:  Avocado eggrolls and sweetcorn tamale cakes for appetizers.   For the dinner plate their garlic noodles with shrimp and some parmesan on top.  Then of course for dessert I love love love there ultimate red velvet cheesecake and their Oreo one is pretty good as well. Anytime we go somewhere new and they have a cheesecake factory we have to go.   It is my goal to go to as many as I can in my li...

A Weekend With Family & Friends

There is nothing better than spending time with friends and family. I cherish every moment I get with them. Never take time with your family for granted because you can never get that time back. I am the most  happy  when I am around family.   My goal this year is to try to be around family as much as I can because  those are the memories I want to remember the most. Here are some pictures of the awesome weekend with family and friends. .......... We got to go to the Ogden Raptors vs. the Idaho Falls Chuckers game with our friends Ben and Rachel As of lately Zupas soup, salad & sandwiches has become one of my favorite places to eat,  so before going to the game I made everyone eat at Zupas with me.  such good food!! Overall it was a really great time with our awesome friends. and of course I was cheering for the Chuckers... even though they lost. The girls got to come so it was fun having them ...