Skip to main content

A night to Celebrate

My sister is getting married!!

I will no longer be the only sibling married! 
I am so excited for Dennis & Kelsey

The Wedding is July 5 at the San Diego Temple.

Sense Dennis is a Marine he does not get very many days off, 
so instead of a reception we did an open house for them
because he had a couple weeks off before the wedding.

You are probably wondering why they just didn't have the wedding in June,
well this is because Dennis was baptized June 24th of last year
and to be able to get married in the temple you have to have been a member for a year.

Well because of the marines Dennis couldn't get any time off after that time
except for the 4th of july weekend, but they can't leave San Diego

So this led to us just having an open house during his leave time
and getting married over the 4th of July weekend.

The open house was help in Moses Lake, WA

Let me tell ya, that was the shortest and longest weekend of my life. 

We had to drive to Washington Friday and had to drive back to Utah Sunday,
so over a three day period we were in the car for 24 hours!!

I am so grateful we got to attend though,
it was so much fun getting to see everyone &
to celebrate this cute couple getting married.

All of Saturday morning & afternoon was spent decorating & getting ready

Before people started coming we did a reveal of the dress
this was Dennis's first time seeing the dress









It was so cute.

He was crying and wouldn't let go of her.




Me & my handsome Husband.


Me playing with Sophia.

Siblings.


The Family.

Now for some decoration pictures.
They had so many cute decorations, once again my mother did an amazing job.


marriage advice table.

The sign in table. 
They had everyone sign in on the S.

Our Bartender for the night.

She made dirty drinks for all the guests... 
they had some amazing flavors.









It was such a nice night for the open house.


before everyone left I was in charge of the game being played that night. 



Of course we played the shoe game...
everyone was laughing and having a great time!





I also had a picture scavenger hunt going for everyone.
 it was a lot of fun and gave the kids something to do.

Here are some of the questions we asked them...



I cant wait for the wedding in Cali.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OUR LITTLE PUMPKIN IS DUE MAY 9, 2015

Yup you read that right we are having a baby, May 9, 2015!! I surprised Michael by sending him a picture of my pregnancy test. So when he woke up that was the first thing he saw. I did the same with my mom because I needed her guidance on what I needed to do. It was defiantly killing her to not be able to tell anyone the news, but I definitely appreciate all the advice I have gotten as well as another person to talk to about it. We were so excited when we found out, we just wanted to tell everyone right away, but we waited and learned patience. I would have been so heart broken to have to tell everyone if we had a miscarriage. When we found out I was pregnant, I was 5 weeks along, so for my first appointment they had to take a blood test.  For those of you who know me, know that I do not do well  with needles and veins in the same sentence. As you can imagine I did not do well.   I kept moving an...

Two Down and Eternity to Go

    This year we decided to do something simple for our anniversary  All I knew for this anniversary is that we were going to eat somewhere in downtown Salt Lake.   To my surprise I have the most brilliant husband ever because he took me to my most favorite restaurant ever!!    Cheesecake Factory!  Don't ask me why, but it is the best restaurant ever! I know you might be thinking.  "wow this girl is crazy",  but just trust me nothing can beat The Cheesecake Factory.   My favorite's there are:  Avocado eggrolls and sweetcorn tamale cakes for appetizers.   For the dinner plate their garlic noodles with shrimp and some parmesan on top.  Then of course for dessert I love love love there ultimate red velvet cheesecake and their Oreo one is pretty good as well. Anytime we go somewhere new and they have a cheesecake factory we have to go.   It is my goal to go to as many as I can in my li...

A Weekend With Family & Friends

There is nothing better than spending time with friends and family. I cherish every moment I get with them. Never take time with your family for granted because you can never get that time back. I am the most  happy  when I am around family.   My goal this year is to try to be around family as much as I can because  those are the memories I want to remember the most. Here are some pictures of the awesome weekend with family and friends. .......... We got to go to the Ogden Raptors vs. the Idaho Falls Chuckers game with our friends Ben and Rachel As of lately Zupas soup, salad & sandwiches has become one of my favorite places to eat,  so before going to the game I made everyone eat at Zupas with me.  such good food!! Overall it was a really great time with our awesome friends. and of course I was cheering for the Chuckers... even though they lost. The girls got to come so it was fun having them ...