Skip to main content

Super Bowl

For the Super Bowl this year we are tagging a long with Ben and Rachel and headed to Rachel's mom's house in Heber for the weekend.
On Saturday we went to the Ice Castles that were in Midway, which touches Heber, so we decided it would be a good idea to go because towns get selected to host the Ice Castles and this is the 3rd time midway was selected, so we thought we better go because it might not come back again. Once we got there we had to hop into a huge line that did go pretty fast but while we were waiting there were some guys juggling fire torches and also two guy carving ice sculptures, the two they was working on were the seattle Seahawk's hawk and the Denver Bronco's Bronco.  I was really cool to watch.  Once we got in to the Ice Castle we were frozen, we definitely did not dress right for the weather and we went at night so it was even more cold, but it was so cool because they had lights shinning on the ice and it would change different colors too.  Here are some cool pictures of the castle and what was in it.














This tunnel led to a slide! It was so cool 

Super Bowl time!!! After Church we started our preparations for the food during the game.  I made some carmel popcorn for our contribution, which was a hit as always.
Well the game was going good The Seahawks were kicking butt.  I am not going to lie though it was kind of a boring game.  The Broncos were not doing anything to keep the game interesting.  So as you can imagine the Seahawks won!!!



The next day after the Super Bowl I get this text from my mom. Note: it is my dads birthday.

As you know Dad wanted the Broncos to win the Super Bowl last night (he's still crying lol). So today I asked him what kind of cake he wanted for his birthday and he made the mistake of saying he didn't care what kind so.............. I bought him a Seattle Seahawks cake, and as you can see he wasn't to amused by it!!!  Actually he was laughing but he wanted me to send that picture lol





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Down and Eternity to Go

    This year we decided to do something simple for our anniversary  All I knew for this anniversary is that we were going to eat somewhere in downtown Salt Lake.   To my surprise I have the most brilliant husband ever because he took me to my most favorite restaurant ever!!    Cheesecake Factory!  Don't ask me why, but it is the best restaurant ever! I know you might be thinking.  "wow this girl is crazy",  but just trust me nothing can beat The Cheesecake Factory.   My favorite's there are:  Avocado eggrolls and sweetcorn tamale cakes for appetizers.   For the dinner plate their garlic noodles with shrimp and some parmesan on top.  Then of course for dessert I love love love there ultimate red velvet cheesecake and their Oreo one is pretty good as well. Anytime we go somewhere new and they have a cheesecake factory we have to go.   It is my goal to go to as many as I can in my li...

A Weekend With Family & Friends

There is nothing better than spending time with friends and family. I cherish every moment I get with them. Never take time with your family for granted because you can never get that time back. I am the most  happy  when I am around family.   My goal this year is to try to be around family as much as I can because  those are the memories I want to remember the most. Here are some pictures of the awesome weekend with family and friends. .......... We got to go to the Ogden Raptors vs. the Idaho Falls Chuckers game with our friends Ben and Rachel As of lately Zupas soup, salad & sandwiches has become one of my favorite places to eat,  so before going to the game I made everyone eat at Zupas with me.  such good food!! Overall it was a really great time with our awesome friends. and of course I was cheering for the Chuckers... even though they lost. The girls got to come so it was fun having them ...

OUR LITTLE PUMPKIN IS DUE MAY 9, 2015

Yup you read that right we are having a baby, May 9, 2015!! I surprised Michael by sending him a picture of my pregnancy test. So when he woke up that was the first thing he saw. I did the same with my mom because I needed her guidance on what I needed to do. It was defiantly killing her to not be able to tell anyone the news, but I definitely appreciate all the advice I have gotten as well as another person to talk to about it. We were so excited when we found out, we just wanted to tell everyone right away, but we waited and learned patience. I would have been so heart broken to have to tell everyone if we had a miscarriage. When we found out I was pregnant, I was 5 weeks along, so for my first appointment they had to take a blood test.  For those of you who know me, know that I do not do well  with needles and veins in the same sentence. As you can imagine I did not do well.   I kept moving an...