Skip to main content

A Valentin in Portland

I was so excited for Valentines this year because I actually had planned something cool to do for Michael!  We happened to be in Oregon for Valentines again this year because Michaels parents were in Hawaii for the week so we were holding down the fort.  It was a lot of fun!
So the morning of Valentines day I got up at like 2:00 a.m. to get the room ready for Michaels surprise.
This is what I did.  I got some balloons numbered them and put notes in all of them.  I did 4-14 balloons for the 14 days leading up to Valentines the 1,2 & 3 was on the card I got him.  So on the card it listed 3 complaints about him instead of compliments.  Example: 1. You are to cute. Seriously you distract me. Sometimes I stare at your butt and I am afraid I will walk into a glass door or something(that was the one on the car). Then I wrote on the card that every hour he needed to pop a balloon, but in order starting with 4, to then get another complaint from me.  Oh and don't worry I did this prep work the day before, the set up was at 2:00 a.m, so all I did was pulled out the balloons sprinkled some Reese's heart around with them and then put the card on the pillow next to him(for that I just made sure to wake up before him).  When he woke up I was in the bathroom getting ready for the day and he came in with a confused look on his face and said, "what is this". I just laughed and told him it as his Valentines Day surprise.  Don't worry everyone he loved it and thought it was very clever.  Here are some pics of what it looked like.



We decided that instead of going out for dinner for V-day that we would go out to lunch and because Katie had a game later in the day to, so it was easier to just go to lunch.  For lunch Michael took me to The Cheesecake Factory, which is my all time favorite place to eat!  It was funny though because we noticed we were one of the youngest couples in there.  Everyone there was pretty old, but we figured out that it is because all the old people go out for lunch on v-day, so that they don't have to fight the young people at night, so it was pretty funny.  Then after lunch Michael took me to the movies, which is also one of my favorite thing to do.  We went and saw Endless Love, which I thought was pretty good, not sure if he felt the same way though haha. After the movies and once we got home he gave me a box of chocolates.  Which is what I asked for so that was nice, I don't know why but those box of chocolates are my favorite things!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OUR LITTLE PUMPKIN IS DUE MAY 9, 2015

Yup you read that right we are having a baby, May 9, 2015!! I surprised Michael by sending him a picture of my pregnancy test. So when he woke up that was the first thing he saw. I did the same with my mom because I needed her guidance on what I needed to do. It was defiantly killing her to not be able to tell anyone the news, but I definitely appreciate all the advice I have gotten as well as another person to talk to about it. We were so excited when we found out, we just wanted to tell everyone right away, but we waited and learned patience. I would have been so heart broken to have to tell everyone if we had a miscarriage. When we found out I was pregnant, I was 5 weeks along, so for my first appointment they had to take a blood test.  For those of you who know me, know that I do not do well  with needles and veins in the same sentence. As you can imagine I did not do well.   I kept moving an...

Two Down and Eternity to Go

    This year we decided to do something simple for our anniversary  All I knew for this anniversary is that we were going to eat somewhere in downtown Salt Lake.   To my surprise I have the most brilliant husband ever because he took me to my most favorite restaurant ever!!    Cheesecake Factory!  Don't ask me why, but it is the best restaurant ever! I know you might be thinking.  "wow this girl is crazy",  but just trust me nothing can beat The Cheesecake Factory.   My favorite's there are:  Avocado eggrolls and sweetcorn tamale cakes for appetizers.   For the dinner plate their garlic noodles with shrimp and some parmesan on top.  Then of course for dessert I love love love there ultimate red velvet cheesecake and their Oreo one is pretty good as well. Anytime we go somewhere new and they have a cheesecake factory we have to go.   It is my goal to go to as many as I can in my li...

Huntsman's Firework Celebration

For the past 4 years John Huntsman has put on an amazing firework show for the 4th of July in Driggs, Idaho my home town. It always happens the Saturday before the 4th because  he is really good friends with the Melaleuca guy who puts on  the firework show in Idaho Falls, Idaho on the 4th. I have been fortunate enough to make it to all 4 shows and Michael has been to 3. Every year the firework show gets better and better. Being locals we have figured out that if you go early in the morning you can rope off  a section for you family.  Instead of waiting tell 4 o'clock and maybe not getting a good spot. So needless to say we got an awesome spot. After setting up we all had a family breakfast at my grandmas and then headed over to my cousins to find out where he is headed to for his mission. After he opened his mission call we headed to Huntsman Springs. we got there at 4 and they had a talent show going on. It...